An 18-year-old man attacked a school in central Sweden with a sword, killing one person and seriously injuring at least two others. Police arrested the suspect after the attack at Brinell School in Fagersta.
The incident unfolded Friday while classes were underway. Authorities said between 400 and 500 students were inside the school when the attack occurred. Police quickly responded to reports of violence at the school.

Police Chief Tommy Alriksson confirmed the suspect’s arrest during a news conference. Officers fired shots while taking the suspect into custody. Authorities have not confirmed whether police gunfire injured him.
The suspect remained in police custody after his arrest. Officials said he did not receive treatment at a hospital. Investigators have not yet established why he allegedly carried out the Sweden school sword attack.
Attack unfolds during school hours
The Brinell School serves students in Fagersta, a town northwest of Stockholm. The attack occurred during regular classes, raising immediate concerns about student safety.
Police and emergency teams responded to the school following reports of the attack. Officials have not released the identity of the person who died.
At least two other people suffered serious injuries, according to police. Authorities have not provided further details about their conditions.
The presence of hundreds of students added urgency to the emergency response. Officials have not yet explained how students evacuated the school or whether authorities placed the area under lockdown.
“Follow major developments with fast and accurate coverage from PhoenixQ.”
Police investigate possible motive
Investigators now face the task of determining what prompted the Sweden school sword attack. Police have not announced a possible motive.
Authorities also have not said whether the suspect knew any of the victims. They have not confirmed whether he had previously attended the school.
Police are expected to examine evidence from the school and interview witnesses. Investigators will also seek to establish the sequence of events leading to the attack.
The shooting during the suspect’s arrest remains another key part of the investigation. Police have yet to clarify why officers opened fire.

Community faces shock after attack
The incident has shocked Fagersta, where the attack occurred inside a busy school. The presence of hundreds of students made the incident particularly serious.
Authorities are expected to provide additional information as investigators establish more facts. Officials have urged caution while the investigation continues.
For now, police have confirmed one death and at least two serious injuries. They have also confirmed that an 18-year-old suspect remains in custody.
The Sweden school sword attack marks another serious act of violence at an educational institution. However, authorities have not yet identified a motive or provided evidence explaining the suspect’s actions.
English




















































